Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Did With Some Odds and Ends

I have these things in my fridge (that need to be used):

A leek
Swiss chard
Leftover pot roast
Cheese ends that are nearing the end of their life span

What shall I make then, with a minimum of  expense?

Pizza!

* On a side note here, crud! I just found a half pint of homemade creme fraiche that needs to be eaten soon. Guess baked potatoes are on the menu for the week. Mix that stuff up with some herbs and onion powder to make a "ranch" dressing topping. But, back to the pizza.

Make dough, roll it out and get in on the peel.



Slather dough with (my) canned tomatoes, pickled garlic, plus some olive oil.



Add lightly sweated Swiss chard (raw chard tends to just get crispy in the oven, unless you chop it super fine).



Sprinkle leek atop chard (which has been simmered briefly in the pot roast juices), add pot roast bits, plus lovely cheese pieces (knowing that if you find something astounding mid-bite, you might never figure out what it is).


 Top with Italian blend cheese (the only expenditure for this meal, $3). The finished product:



 Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment