Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stocking Stock

My research online had led me to believe the following: many of those of us who can run into the enviable position of having too much food stowed away. I have found that stock is my weakness where "too much" is concerned. I save all of my stock worthy bits (onions, carrots, celery, beef bones from Christmas, and bones from various whole chickens). Rather quickly, I found myself with a lot of stock. 20 quarts or so.

So I decided to reduce this:


into 6 quarts


I hope the reductions will be perfect for sauces and stews. And next time I will make them in pints (a jar size that I am lacking right now). Still very happy to have 6 quarts of reduced stock, and the freed up freezer and cabinet space.

Bon appetit, and enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment